Canada has one of the best ranked universities in the world. With over 450,000 international students and plenty of fields of studies to choose from, Canada is truly an ideal destination for students. The education standards are high, and recognized throughout the globe. It is aimed at developing analytical thinking in the students.
In 2018, 5 of the Canadian universities were ranked among the top 100. The teaching staff is highly qualified and holds plenty of experience to share with students. Students come from diverse backgrounds, from every nook and corner of the world. The quality of life that Canada offers is unmatchable, and is termed as the safest country for international students.
The students can use these ways to come to Canada for studies:
- Study Permit
This document is issued to aspiring students by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which allows the international students to pursue their studies in Canada for a certain time. In order to get one’s study permit issued, a student must:
- Select a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) and get a Letter of Acceptance issued
- Submit proof of the required financial support, including tuition fees, living, and travel expenses
- Provide documents including Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Examination Certificate, passport, passport size photos, marriage certificate (if applicable), and any other document as required
Furthermore, the study applicant must convince the Immigration Officer that he/she shall return after completing the studies. After receiving the Letter of Acceptance from the Institution and meeting the eligibility criteria, the candidate can apply for the study permit from the visa processing office.
Upon the approval of application, a Letter of Introduction shall be issued to the student, which has to be produced before the Immigration official upon arriving in Canada. The Immigration official will then issue the study permit to the student.
The study permit, regardless of the printed expiry date, shall expire after 90 days of graduation. The student shall have the option of applying for Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This work permit enables the student to work for up to three years in Canada after graduation, and can also apply for Canadian Permanent Residency.
In case the student doesn’t apply for Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), he/she can opt to change status to visitor, apply for another study permit for further education, or choose to leave Canada.
- Without Study Permit
Usually all the international students need study permit for pursuing education in Canada, but in some cases the study permit is not required. These include:
- If the course duration is six months or less, the study permit is not required. However, if the student intends to work after completing studies, it is recommended to apply for study permit.
- Minor children of international students can get enrolled in schools without study permit
- Foreign Diplomats and foreign armed forces are also exempt from the study permit
After completing the studies from Canada, one can be sure and confident about the number of employment and business opportunities available for qualified students.
Reading your article has greatly helped me, and I agree with you. But I still have some questions. Can you help me? I will pay attention to your answer. thank you.
interested in the topic